QuestDNS.com Hijacker Removal Instructions
What is QuestDNS.com?
Also Known As: QuestDNS.com virus
Type: malicious process
QuestDNS.com hijacker is a annoying browser hijacker. It replaces homepage in all widely used browsers – Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer and others. Aldo it changes the default search engine settings. So how to remove this from your browser?
QuestDNS.com browser hijacker appeared because of adware that you have installed accidentally. It happens if you downloaded lately a free software. To prevent such adware in future we recommend you to read carefully EULAs (End User License Agreements) and do not click on “Agree” button without an understanding of what you extra download with the main program. This hijacker is dangerous because it redirects you to suspicious sites, that can collect your personal information (emails, names, credit cards etc.) and use its own purpose. You will have a lot of advertisement, not a real search results.
The reason why QuestDNS.com is in your browser is simple – your antivirus software failed to detect presence of adware in the system or not warned you about downloading it. You will see QuestDNS.com hijacker each time you start your browser until you clean your PC with a good anti-malware software. Follow next instructions to delete it from your system.
STEP 1. QuestDNS.com removal guide
In this step we will use a removal tool that can locate and remove all kinds of threats from infected computers. Either its malicious programs, registry key, browser add-ons and extension, GridinSoft Anti-Malware can effectivly detect and remove this badware:
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware removal tool from the link below:
If you need help in removing QuestDNS.com infection,
Open the installation file and click “Yes” in the User access control window to continue:
The installation is very simple, click “Install” button and GridinSoft Anti-Malware will install itself in a default folder. You can choose custom folder and check the creation of desktop icon:
Open GridinSoft Anti-malware from the icon on the desktop by double-clicking it or “Start” menu:
Scan computer for QuestDNS.com related files
Go to the “Scan” tab and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. It is advised to make full scan, but due to possible performance issues you can first run quick, to save some time. During the scan you will see what items GridinSoft Anti-malware located inside of your computer:
When the scan is over, GridinSoft Anti-Malware will show you the results with all detected items in the list. You can browse through it to choose what to do with particular item or choose the “Apply to all” function. Click the “Fix Now” button to apply action to detected items:
(OPTIONAL)To remove traces of some adware\malware\browser hijackers it is advised to Reset your browser settings. GridinSoft Anti-Malware allows you to do that with flexible options.
STEP 2. Using GridinSoft Anti-Malware to fix your browser
GridinSoft Anti-Malware has an effective utility called “Reset browser settings“. It is able to reset some of your browser option to its original state. Therefore, if some malicious program, adware or browser hijacker changes your browser settings, this tool can fix this in no time:
Open GridinSoft Anti-Malware – go to “Tools” tab – press “Reset browser settings“
Check the options that you need in the “Reset browser settings” window. In the first column you need to choose your infected browser. (Supports all popular browsers). As for “Process” column we advise you to choose Start Page, Shortcuts, Search engines, Cache, Cookies (look for screen below). These settings will be changed to default and save most of the information you need in your browser:
Some malware and adware program may be installed very deep in your browser. In this case, we advise choose more efficient set of options. Check the following options in the “Process” column: “Start Page“, “Shortcuts“, “Search engines“, “Cache“, “Cookies” + “Addons” and “Policies” (screen below):
STEP 3. Protect your computer from QuestDNS.com reinfection
Removing viruses and malicious programs is one thing. The best practice in protection is to not get infected in the first place. To achieve that you must use reliable protection tool and follow simple rules or recommended advices to avoid infections completely. Here is the list of these tips:
- Watch out for spam emails and attachments. A lot of cyber criminals and malware spreaders are using email spam messaging. Most of these messages have attachment files that can be dangerous to open. We advice to skip suspicious files, don’t even download them on your computer.
- Adverts and redirect page. Some websites showing ads and pop-up on their pages. Along with this adware programs may generate various adverts on your computer. Clicking on them is very dangerous and leads to unexpected consequences.
- Don’t open suspicious links and websites. Hackers and scammer are often creating websites of their own where they can do whatever they want. You can download only malware and unwanted programs from such pages.
- Pay attention to what you install. If you have downloaded any program from suspicious website or anywhere else – always read all instruction and don’t click “Next” all the time.
- Use protection tools. No matter how hard you try, some sneaky malware may break through all your defences. In this case you should always keep an anti-malware protection online on your computer. GridinSoft Anti-Malware has On-Run Protection feature. It is designed to keep this kind of malware from your computer. To activate this feature go to “Protect” tab and press “Start” button to the right. The label will show you “ON“, which means that On-Run protection is online.
Leave your comments and questions below to help us and other users to improve this guide, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!